Recruitment doesn’t have to be difficult and expensive; It should be smooth and efficient.
If you want to cultivate a better workforce, an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) can do wonders for your business.
What is an Applicant Tracking System (ATS)?
An ATS is a fundamental tool in the hiring team’s arsenal that helps automate and fasten the entire hiring process for the recruiters. It enables real-time collaboration between the teams to streamline the core recruitment activities and serves as a centralized repository for your candidate data, including job applications, resumes, and any notes or feedback from your team.
The modern ATS systems are engineered to maximize your efficiency and give process transparency, regardless of the size of your organization. They allow you to focus on your core tasks such as hiring a better workforce, improving candidate experience, and scaling your recruiting business (without burning a hole in your pocket).
Here are the four basic steps that will help you understand how a standard ATS works –
- A new job requisition is raised on the ATS that includes the job description (JD) and prospective candidate details.
- The ATS then uses the JD to create an ideal candidate profile that accurately reflects the employer’s requirements.
- When the applications start flowing in, the ATS then parses, sorts, and ranks them based on how well they match the profile.
- Lastly, the hiring managers swiftly identify the most qualified candidates and move them forward in the hiring process.
What Are the Benefits of an Applicant Tracking System for Your Business?
Read how you can leverage an ATS to accelerate your hiring efforts and cultivate a better workforce:
- Easy Job Posting:
To hire the best candidates, you need to be accessible to them and inform them about your job openings. An Applicant Tracking System takes up this tedious task for you and posts the jobs in just a single click. You don’t have to log into different accounts or keep track of all the analytics data manually; An ATS does the job for you.
- Automated Resume Sorting:
There’s a misconception among many people that AI will dehumanize the whole hiring process. Well, an ATS is developed and programmed to mimic the human thought process and give you accurate results; It makes sifting through the resume easier and quicker! You don’t have to manually CTRL+F all the CVs by yourself as an ATS will do it for you.
For example, if a recruiter wants to scan a resume, then they have to scour through the information to ensure they have the right candidate. An ATS on the other hand makes the sifting process easier with less room for error. If you are looking for the candidates eligible for the ‘DevOps Engineer’ position, ATS will conduct the search for you using the keywords, bringing forth hundreds of eligible applications.
- Built-in Interview Scheduling:
Most recruiters find it tough to schedule the interviews as it takes up a lot of time to call the candidates separately and fix the timings. An ATS sends automated mails to the shortlisted candidates to inform them about the interview details and eliminates the scheduling conflicts. It also synchronizes the calendar of the concerned teams to smoothly manage multiple interviews.
- Collaborative Hiring:
Collaborative Hiring is the team-based hiring process that allows the members to come together to hire a suitable candidate; The team includes, HR managers, HR executives, hiring managers, and the concerned team leads.
With the help of an ATS, teams can share the candidate data with each other and cut back on the back-and-forth communication, thus reducing the time-to-hire. This can be enabled via real-time messaging, activity logs, workflows and calendars, so that all the team members are accountable and up to date.
Here are some benefits of Collaborative Hiring:
- Collaborative Hiring enables the easy sharing of documents, candidates profiles, and contact logs with any member of your team. This in turn reduces the time spent manually transferring the data via email.
- There’s less stress on just one recruiter as the hiring task is crowdsourced to more people.
- You have a better chance of hiring people who are culturally fit. Since culture is a collaborative phenomenon by nature, it is essential to include multiple people to determine if a candidate will be a good fit for the organization’s culture.
- Subjectivity can be eliminated by opening the process up to more people, allowing for a more objective decision.
Collaborative Hiring supports the unity of the team and designs a process of collective feedback, transparency, and trust. The process helps teams customize their recruitment workflow and engage every member in the process.
- Improved Cost-per-Hire:
Time is money!
Employers around the world want to save all the extra $$$ that go into the traditional hiring process! This is where automating the hiring process and improving the cost-per-hire comes into the picture.
Cost-per-Hire is the total amount of monetary investment needed to recruit new employees. It is calculated on the basis of variables like recruiter salaries, referral bonus, job posting cost etc. Since an applicant tracking system automates many traditional recruiting tasks, it eliminates the need for more people to fill a position, making your recruitment process more cost-effective & productive.
Similarly, you can check the analytics data to see which hiring source is bringing in the best new hires and invest more resources in the same. For instance, you don’t need to spend hundreds of dollars on job boards if your ‘referred’ candidates are the best new hires; here, you can improve the referral programs to yield more returns.
- Improved Data Insights with Built-In Analytics:
An ATS provides the recruiters with detailed insights and data reports to help make the right decision at the right time. It gives you access to real-time reports like average time spent at each stage of interviews for different roles.
With the built-in analytics feature, you can:
- understand the candidate pipeline while focusing on diversity recruiting and tracking hiring progress.
- find the best source of hiring, the number of candidates processed, interview metrics, reasons for candidate rejection for each department, employee resignation patterns, etc.
- access the dashboards that can help gather and store data while preparing a new recruiting strategy.
Well structured data from the ATS can help you understand which hiring strategy is working and which isn’t, further enabling you to take a timely action.
- Video Interviews:
Did you know that video interviews are six times faster than phone interviews?
A video interview is a lot faster and more effective than traditional phone interviews because it conveys the information that can’t be determined from a resume or a call. With video interviews, recruiters can get a better idea of a potential candidate’s language skills, interpersonal skills and overall personality which can help them determine if said individual will fit into their existing office culture. In addition, employers seeking remote workers favor this feature as video interviews give them access to candidates with geographical restrictions.
- Increased Productivity:
No recruiter wants to spend time on repetitive tasks that can be easily automated. When compared to traditional hiring and application processing methods, an ATS saves a significant amount of time. It makes the recruiter’s work easier by parsing through hundreds of CVs and putting forth only the best applications. Simply put, you can complete the entire process in a matter of minutes rather than hours by eliminating manual search on job boards, filtering out irrelevant applications etc. Here’s an example that states the same:
As per a study conducted by GetApp, a comparison website for small business softwares, it was found that professionals who used applicant tracking systems (ATSs) were reaping clear benefits: 86.1 percent stated that their ATS had increased the speed at which they hire and 78.3 percent stated that it had improved the quality of hires. It was a win-win on both sides, productivity and quality of hire.
- Better Candidate Experience:
According to LinkedIn, it takes around 33-49 days for the companies to fill a position. Would it be ideal for the employer and its prospective candidates to wait this much longer or more?
It’s a simple No.
Since finding the right fit for the job doesn’t happen overnight, you can use an ATS to minimize the back and forths in the hiring process and offer great candidate experience. Here’s how:
- Allow the candidates to schedule and interview with you in just a few clicks by integrating your ATS with your email to avoid any scheduling conflicts. Check if your ATS has a self-scheduling calendar option for the candidates; it will make the process a lot easier for both the parties.
- In order to make an informed decision, make your interview data transparent to all the stakeholders involved in the hiring process. Encourage the team to upload their scorecards and notes to the ATS immediately following interviews and screenings. This will enhance your decision making speed and let the candidates know where they stand in the process.
- Check to see if your ATS has integrations with the assessment tools that can help you make better decisions and give candidates a chance to showcase their skills.
Win quality talent with Auzmor Hire!
Auzmor Hire is the ATS that enables you to manage your hiring process seamlessly; from sourcing to extending an offer, you can do it all without ever leaving the platform. We have built-in collaboration and productivity features so that you won’t have to switch between a dozen tabs, and your hiring process stays transparent across all the stages. Our intent is to help you hire only the best from the talent pool.
A few USPs that make Auzmor Hire your ideal ATS:
- Easy requisition: Fill positions with just a single click and locate only the best candidates.
- Data transparency and easy collaboration: Collaborate easily with all the stakeholders and access the candidate data across all the stages.
- Access to global job boards: Post/ Raise your requisition on the job boards to get quality talent in your pipeline.
- Easy delegation: Auzmor Hire lets you delegate tasks and assign role-based responsibilities with ease to keep your pipeline clutter-free.
- Custom applications: With custom on-brand applications tailored to your needs, you can immediately provide the ideal employer brand experience.
Contact us to know more about Auzmor Hire or click here to book a demo today.